For practical things you need, like applying for a passport or other official documents, you can refer to the municipality or government of Enschede. Or when you’d like to start your own company. For more information, call +31 (0)53-481 81 81.


If you’re an expat and you need help with applying for legal documents or enrolling into an integration class for example you can contact the World Trade Center Twente. They aim to realize a fast and smooth introduction of expats and their families into the Twente region by providing comprehensive information about services and activities in the region. Their website contains useful information on formalities, housing, taxation, finance & insurance, work & education, social activities and personal & social needs.


The administrational office of the municipality of Enschede houses an Immigratie en Naturalisatiedienst (IND) loket (in English; Immigration and Naturalisation counter). After making an appointment, you can pick up required documents at the administrational office in Enschede, and at the same time register with the municipality (even if you are not a resident in Enschede) and obtain the BSN number (Social Security number). On every Monday from 11:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Expat Center Twente will also be present at the IND counter in Enschede to receive and assist expats.